The Mission of the Communication Executive Advisory Board is to function as an advisory group whose responsibility is to influence development and advancement activities for the Department of Communication, advise the faculty on professional trends which might affect curriculum and program planning, and bring about a close working relationship between communication professionals and the members of the Department, including faculty and students.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide ideas and suggestions to increase the exposure of the Department's programs, students, and faculty to all areas of the communication industry.
- Provide corporate and foundation contacts to increase private funding and gift in kind donations to the Department.
- Suggest new directions for programs, i.e., how do we take our programs to a new level of distinction? What are niches we should consider to make us stand out?
- Provide liaison between the Department and the profession of Communication in all its aspects, by serving as guest lecturers in classes, speaking to departmental clubs and organizations, providing advice for a career day for juniors and seniors, assisting in developing internships for students, and related functions.
- Chair: Kathryn Blanchard, President, Crown Communication
- Pam Allen, retired Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Kaweah Delta Hospital
- Graham Caddell, Vice President, Caddell Broadcasting, Inc.
- Will Davis, V.P. & General Manager, WWWB Television & WJZY-TV
- Lynn Drury, Assoc. Vice Chancellor, Public Affairs, Appalachian State University
- James K. Flynn, President and Owner, Ayort Communications
- Dan Hill, General Station Manager of WASU and Co-owner of Vallie Richards Consulting
- Jackie Hirschhaut, V.P. of Public Relations & Marketing, American Home Furnishings Alliance
- Jonathan Hoffman, General Manager, Aisling Broadcasting, LLC
- Mike Hogewood, On-Air Talent, Fox Sports
- Karen Johnson, Senior Vice President, Valente & Associates
- Gene Lewis, Founder & President, Lewis Advertising, Inc.
- John Owensby, Newspaper Publisher, Kernersville News
- Rusty Page, founder and Principal of Rusty Page & Company
- Hank Price, President & General Manager, WXII TV-12
- Doug Rice, President & General Manager, Performance Racing Network
- Gail Rosenberg, Senior Vice President, The Catevo Group
- Bill Staton, Chairman & "America's Money Coach," The Staton Institute, Inc & Staton Financial Advisors LLC
- Mary Staton, CEO, The Staton Institute, Inc & Staton Financial Advisors LLC
- Wayne Sumner, Owner and President, Jackson Sumner & Associates, Inc.
- Reta Thorn, Retired, Clear Channel Communications
Become a Major
For information about declaring Communication as your major, please check the Requirements page.
Department of Communication
ASU Box 32039
Boone, NC 28608-2039